Theatre shows, like any other shows, will take you away from your mundane routines and refresh your minds. They are fun and exhilarating because they allow you to experience the raw human emotions of real live performances. There is no room for error for the performers and there are no second takes. There are many types of theatre shows you can take in during your outings. London theatre shows are very popular not only among the locals but also with visitors from all over the world. The West End shows usually include:
- Musicals such as Nativity, Shen Yun and Phantom of the Opera. Musicals are popular because of their structure of creating songs to tell a story. Furthermore, musicals may include song and dance to further a plotline. More recently, the popularity of musicals could be due to the publicity from TV auditions to cast stars for musicals by Andrew Lloyd Webber.
2. Plays such as “The Mousetrap”, “As You Like It” and “The Woman In Black”. People just love to go to the theatre to watch a legendary, thrilling whodunit mystery, or they love to be scared out of their wits in spine-tingling tension or they enjoy a nerve-shredding experience by watching exciting West End shows.
You can get great offers on the London theatre shows such as:
* theatre ticket deals where you can buy theatre tickets cheaply.
* meal deals, which is a package of theatre tickets and a two-course meal from the theatre menu. The meal can be taken before or after the theatre show.
* London deals include theatre tickets and a one-night stay in a hotel near the theatre
Alternatively, you may want to book a hotel in a quieter London location. You may also find it more convenient to book your hotels in London nearer to your other activities and then travel to see the West End shows after that. Make the most of your London theatre breaks and include other activities such as:
* Sightseeing. Famous landmarks in Central London include Big Ben and Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, London Eye, Trafalgar Square, and Buckingham Palace.
* Shopping. Shops in Oxford Street, Bond Street and Regent Street in the West End, Knightsbridge, Sloane Square, and High Street Kensington in south west London and Westfield Shopping Complex in west London.
* Fine dining. Restaurants in Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square and Covent Garden in the West End, Knightsbridge, South Kensington, High Street Kensington, and Victoria. Many restaurants do special deals with discounts of up to 50% off your food bill if you belong to a dining club.
* Visiting art galleries and museums. There are lots of art galleries and museums scattered all over London, and in particular around South Kensington and Trafalgar Square.
* Thames boat cruises. These cruises are very popular with London visitors as they provide views of famous London landmarks from the River Thames.
* Open-air markets. There are many open-air markets in London including the Portobello Road market, Petticoat Lane market and Camden Market.
Going with a group of friends at theatre shows can be great fun if you organize the event properly and combine other activities with your theatre shows.